Invest in Something Worthwhile!
Have you noticed that so much is on the rise in this day? For example, interest rates, unemployment, gasoline, and food prices are all on the rise. While these are on the rise, some things are also declining such as home equity, 401K’s, the value of the dollar, and confidence in government.
What should we do as Christians when that which should rise is falling and that which should fall is rising? Please do not spend an overabundance of time on that which you cannot change. A high dose of this negativity will greatly discourage you. I spend my time on what I can change in this present situation; I seek to make changes through the ballot box and through falling on my knees in prayer to our God. Consequently, I would suggest you spend time investing in something that is worthwhile. Doing so will bring joy, happiness, and peace to your life. May I suggest that you:
- Count your blessings
- Live a life of kindness toward others
- Serve our Lord and others
- Spend time with family—much of your time should be spent talking to, playing with, and spending with your family and mate
- Invest in young people—volunteer to work with elementary, jr. high, high school, and college age young people.
- Get involved in Christian service—push a vacuum, clean a restroom, drive a bus, work on mechanical repairs, sing in the choir, or teach a Sunday school class.
- Consider the finish line. Do not destroy your chance to reach the finish line over the turmoil and obstacles of today. The Apostle Paul said,
- “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 3:14
- Have a positive spirit—The Apostle Paul said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” –Philippians 4:13
- “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy.” –Acts 20:24
- “We are more than conquerors.” –Romans 8:37
Some people see this as a day of gloom and doom. I see it as a great day of opportunity. What a very special time to live in, right before the coming again of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, for He is coming again!
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
- I Thessalonians 4:16-17
What a wonderful time it is to be alive! Please do not spend your time focused on that which is so negative, depressing, and discouraging. Some things are rising that should be falling and falling that should be rising, but I remind you that you cannot change most of that. However, you can change you. It is my prayer that you have a wonderful month. Thank you for being my dear friends. God bless you.