The month of March is a memorable one for me. It was on March 1, thirty-three years ago that Bro. Trieber and I came to North Valley!! Wow, where has the time gone? We were young kids when we arrived at North Valley! To say “a lot of water has gone under the bridge” would be an understatement! I would never have imagined that God would take that small band of people 33 years ago and make it what it is today. So many memories flood my mind. We didn’t have children when we came to North Valley, and now we are blessed with not only three children but also two sons-in law, a daughter-in-law-to-be in May, and five adorable grandchildren that call us “Nana” and “Papa”!! Many of you have been with us since day one, and a large delegation of you have been here for 25 to 30 years. We are so blessed and thankful! Our love for you is greater today than it was thirty-three years ago.
This article will permit me neither the time nor space to reflect on all the memories that I have in my “memory bank.” Watching the video on “I Love My Church” Sunday, reminded me of where we have been and where we are today. From a small A-frame building , to a well-furnished tent, and several building projects later, we have a beautiful campus on De La Cruz Boulevard! God has been so good!
I am blessed to work in our Pee Wee Pirate Club on Wednesday nights. Pastor calls it “Pee Wee Party Time”! We do have a great time in there and, yes, we do have a great program for the kids! One of the greatest blessings for me is to be able to work with several couples who have grown up here at North Valley. In our good-sized group of workers, only two are not graduates of our high school or college. We have a great time reminiscing from week to week. You will notice in the picture several young ladies that went to college together and now work in Pee Wee together. These girls have grown into wonderful wives and mothers!! Precious memories, how they linger!
God has blessed, and we are reaping the benefits and rewards of having stayed at one church for these many years. I shared some thoughts with you in an article years ago about what has helped us to stay when it would have been easier to pull up stakes and move. Please allow me to share those with you again. They still apply in 2009!
- God will never lead us where His grace will not keep us.
- Family has always been first with us. I would never want to lose my family for the sake of the ministry.
- People that are hurting often hurt others. I try to remember that when someone lashes out at my husband. They more often than not have a greater need themselves.
- When we take our eyes off of God and place them on man, we will always be disappointed.
- If I keep a close relationship with God, I will not be overly focused on what people say about me.
- God is always good, in the hard times and in the good times.
- Don’t spend time talking about problems.
- Talk less and listen more.
- Negative people will bring a negative spirit. I cannot allow myself to constantly be thinking on the negative.
- When all else fails, “Cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it!”
Happy anniversary to my wonderful husband and to all of you who have been with us during these thirty-three wonderful and exciting years! I love you!
Until next month,