Fraud and Deception
Fraud and deception have been around since the beginning of time. In fact, we can see an early example of it all the way back in the book of Genesis when we read of the serpent deceiving Eve. Unfortunately there are many today that use financial scams with the intent of fraudulently taking that which belongs to someone else. Listed below are some general guidelines from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. It would be wise for us to consider using these for the purpose of protecting that which God has entrusted to our care:
- The greater the potential return, the greater the risk.
- Investments seldom exist without some risk involved.
- Always get information in writing before you give away any money.
- Never let emotions interfere with your business affairs.
- Never invest what you cannot afford to lose.
- Legitimate offers will always be there tomorrow.
- Take time to do careful research.
- If an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do not send cash by messenger or overnight mail.